The Apache Libcloud team is pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.11.0!
Libcloud is a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple cloud provider APIs. It allows users to manage cloud services (servers, storage, load balancers, DNS) offered by many different providers through a single, unified and easy to use API.
- Install test files when installing the library. Tests module can now be imported by doing something like this: "from libcloud import test"
- New standard API and methods for managing storage volumes. Base API consists of the following methods: createvolume, destroyvolume, attachvolume, detachvolume.
- New driver for KT UCloud (http://home.ucloud.olleh.com/main.kt) based on the CloudStack driver.
- New Gridspot driver with a basic list and destroy functionality.
- Plenty of them, please see the CHANGES file.
For a full list of changes, please see the CHANGES file https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/tags/0.11.0/CHANGES?revision=r1364892&view=markup.
Libcloud 0.10.1 can be downloaded from http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud
It is possible that the file hasn't been synced to all the mirrors yet. If this is the case, please use the main Apache mirror - http://www.apache.org/dist/libcloud.
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/upgrade-notes.html.
API documentation can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/apidocs/0.11.1/
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/tags/0.11.0/CHANGES?revision=r1364892&view=markup.
Source: release announcement.