We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.12.1!
This release includes many new features, improvements and bug-fixes.
- New more efficient generator based approach for iterating over paginated collections.
- New generator based method for iterating over containers (iterate_containers).
- Old ENUM style provided constants have been replaced with a string version. This allows users to dynamically register new providers using new set_driver method.
- Support for multipart uploads in the Amazon S3 storage driver.
- New load balancer driver for Amazon Load Balancing (ELB) service.
- New storage driver for Azure Blog storage
- New "local storage" storage driver
- Support for multipart uploads in the S3 driver
- Allow user to specify which CA cert is used for verifying server SSL certificate by setting "SSLCERTFILE" environment variable
- Drivers which use xmlrplic library now use Libcloud HTTP layer for making HTTP requests. This means those drivers now support LIBCLOUD_DEBUG and SSL cert validation functionality
Full change log can be found at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/libcloud/tags/0.12.1/CHANGES
Libcloud 0.12.1 can be downloaded from http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud
It is possible that the file hasn't been synced to all the mirrors yet. If this is the case, please use the main Apache mirror - http://www.apache.org/dist/libcloud.
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/upgrade-notes.html.
API documentation can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/apidocs/0.12.1/ .
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/libcloud/tags/0.12.1/CHANGES.
Source: release announcement.