We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.16.0!
This is a first release in the 0.16 series which means it brings many new features, improvements and bug-fixes.
- Support for OpenStack Identity API v3.0. For more information and examples, see the following blog post - Libcloud now supports OpenStack Identity (Keystone) API v3.
- Support for HTTP proxy for outgoing HTTP requests. For information on how to use this new feature, please refer to the Using an HTTP proxy section in the documentation.
- New driver for VMware vSphere based clouds. For documentation, please see this page.
- Support for Amazon GovCloud.
- New driver for the ProfitBricks provider.
- Support for authentication with the internal metadata service in the Google Compute Engine driver. For more information, please refer to the Internal Authentication section in the documentation.
- Easier debugging with
LIBCLOUD_DEBUGby pretty-formatting JSON and XML responses. For information on how to use this feature, see Making JSON / XML response human friendly example in the documentation.
- and more
Full change log can be found at here.
The release can can be downloaded from https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud==0.16.0
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud==0.16.0
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade_notes.html#libcloud-0-16-0
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/v0.16.0/
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file.