We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 2.0.0.
This major release brings many new features, improvements, bug-fixes, and drivers.
- Apache Libcloud 2.0 series replaces the use of Python httplib with a hard dependency on the
requestspackage. Users no longer have to specific Certificate Authority bundles when using Apache Libcloud
- 10% performance improvement through the use of HTTP sessions
- Support for buffered IO streams for storage drivers
- Support for Python 3.6, deprecation of Python 3.2
- 3 new drivers - OnApp Compute, OnApp DNS, 1&1 Compute
- Lots of improvements to our Azure ARM support
- Continuing udates to the Amazon drivers
A detailed description of the 2.0 HTTP API is documented here
Compute API Changes
- Outscale SAS doc improvements and logo update
- Add list images support for OnApp driver
- Add keypair management to OnApp driver
Amazon EC2 Changes
- Add r4 instance types for AWS
- Add support for AWS eu-west-2 and ca-central-1 regions
- Add P2 GPU instance types
- Add method to modify snapshot attribute for EC2
- Add ENA support for EC2 compute images
- Add support for forcing detachment of EBS volumes to EC2 driver
- Add support for ModifyVolume and DescribeVolumesModifications
- Added Import Snapshot and Describe Import Snapshot to EC2 compute driver
- Add missing regions in AWS storage and compute drivers
- Add SR-IOV net support to images in EC2 compute driver
- Fix - update t2.small image size from 11 CPU to 1
- Added Billing Product for image in EC2 compute driver
- Add start, stop instance methods and fix incorrect state TERMINATED to STOPPED
Azure ARM changes
- Fix typeerror on exlistnics
- Add support for Azure Cloud Environments as well as Locations
- Fix string representation of the VhdImage type and fix listing of Public IP addresses
- Add network security groups to azure ARM
- Add the ability to list resource groups
- Fix Azure ARM driver condition for exlistpublishers where location is specified
Google Cloud changes
- Allow delete instances from managed group
- Allow preemptible instances to be created
- Remove validation checks for guestOsFeatures
Alibaba Aliyun changes
- Add aliyun ecs instance join leave security group
- Fix Aliyun ECS, Load balancer and storage adapters when using unicode UTF-8 characters in the names of resources
- Add price_monthly extra param to digitalocean sizes
VMWare vSphere changes
- Fix issue with authentication methods crashing
- Reintroduce S3 multipart upload support with signature v4
- Add OnApp driver
- Added an integration test API and a test suite for validating functionality without mocking any libcloud subsystems
- Change Cloudscale to cloudscale.ch.
Fix OpenStack drivers not correctly setting URLs when used with identity API, would default to 127.0.0.1 and service catalog URLs were not adhered to.
Fix Aliyun ECS, Load balancer and storage adapters when using unicode UTF-8 characters in the names of resources in 2.0.0rc2 < it would fail as a MalformedResponseError, Python 2.7 element tree was raising a unicode error
Refactor the test classes to use the full libcloud.http and libcloud.common.base modules, with Connection, Response all used with requestsmock. This increases our test coverages and catches bugs in drivers' custom parsebody and auth modules
Rename libcloud.httplib_ssl to libcloud.http now that we don't use httplib
- Fix Public IP not assigned when creating NIC on Azure ARM
- Fix a bug in profitbricks driver where listing snapshots would request a malformed URL
- Fix LIBCLOUD-806 bug where vsphere driver cannot be instantiated
- [google compute] Improve performance of list nodes by caching volume information.
Full change log can be found at here.
Special thank you
I would like to wish a special thank you to all of our community contributors for their ongoing support to the project.
- Tinu Cleatus for the OnApp driver
- Alex Misstear for the EC2 improvements
- Jie Ren for the Aliyun improvements
- Francisco Ros for the DigitalOcean improvements
- Peter Amstutz and Joseph Hall for the Azure ARM API updates
- All of our community for their ongoing support and contributions...
The release can can be downloaded from https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud==2.0.0
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud==2.0.0
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade_notes.html
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file.