2011 in retrospect and a Happy New Year from the Libcloud team
Dear users & developers,
First of all, Libcloud team wishes everyone a Happy New Year 2012!
2011 has been a great year for us and we have accomplished a lot of things:
- Website has been ported to the Apache CMS and updated with a lot of new content, including documentation
- In May we have graduated from the incubator to a top level project
- Two new committers have joined the team (Tomaz Muraus, Hutson Betts)
- We have grown from supporting a single API (cloud servers) to supporting four different APIs (cloud servers, load balancers, cloud storage, dns)
- We have introduced support for Python 3
- We have released a total of 7 new versions
- We have received many patches by external contributors
- We have held two development sprints (PyCon, EuroPython)
- Code wise we have grown from ~4300 LOC to ~14300 LOC (excluding tests)
Lets try to make 2012 even better :)
Source: mailing list post.