Libcloud 0.10.1 released
Libcloud team is pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.10.1!
- Allow user to specify which IP to use when calling deploy_node (defaults to ‘public_ips’). Previously it only worked with public IP, now user can pass ‘private_ips’ as an argument and SSH client will try to connect to the node first private IP address.
- New driver for Joyent cloud (http://www.joyentcloud.com/)
- New driver for VCL cloud ( http://www.educause.edu/blog/hes8/CloudComputingandtheVirtualCom/167931)
- A lot of improvements and new features in the Brightbox driver
- Support for Vmware vCloud version 1.5
- Modify ParamikoSSHClient to connect to the SSH agent and automatically look for private keys in ~/.ssh if the ‘auth’ and ‘ssh_key’ argument is not specified when calling deploy_node.
- Modify IBM driver so it works with IBM Smart Cloud Enterprise
- Support for uploading large files in the CloudFiles driver
- New driver for OpenStack Swift installations based on the CloudFiles driver
- Fix a bug in the CloudSigma Las Vegas compute driver
For a full list of changes, please see the CHANGES file https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/tags/0.10.1/CHANGES?revision=r1340892&view=markup.
Libcloud 0.10.1 can be downloaded from http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
It is possible that the file hasn’t been synced to all the mirrors yet. If this is the case, please use the main Apache mirror - http://www.apache.org/dist/libcloud
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/upgrade-notes.html.
API documentation can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/apidocs/0.10.1/
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don’t forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/tags/0.10.1/CHANGES?revision=r1340892&view=markup.
Source: release announcement.