2012 in retrospect and a Happy New Year from the Libcloud team
Dear users, developers and team members!
2012 is slowly coming to an end and Libcloud team wishes everyone a happy and successful new year 2013!
2012 has been another great year for us and we have surpassed 2011 in pretty much every aspect.
Here is a short list of things which have been accomplished and important events which have happened in 2012:
- One new committer Ilgiz Islamgulov (ilgiz) has joined the team.
- We have another new commiter joining our team soon (Mahendra M). Currently he is undergoing a process of submitting his ICLA.
- 134 new JIRA issues have been opened (total of 271). Out of those 134 issues, 111 are now marked as 'resolved'.
- SVN repository has had a total of 320 commit. More than 50% of those commits were patches from external contributors.
- We had our first Google Summer of Code student which worked on a project named "Libcloud REST" (https://github.com/islamgulov/libcloud.rest). The goal of the project is to expose Libcloud functionality over HTTP.
- Tomaz gave a talk titled "Avoiding Vendor Lock-In Using Apache Libcloud" at CloudOpen 2012 in San Diego
- We now finally have some more user friendly documentation and examples on the website - http://libcloud.apache.org/docs/
- We held a first in person meetup at the Rackspace San Francisco office in the beginning of the year (http://libcloudmeetup.eventbrite.com/)
- We had a total of 7 releases (0.8.0, 0.9.1, 0.10.1, 0.11.0, 0.11.1, 0.11.3, 0.11.4) and over 70.000 downloads / installs on PyPi ( http://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-libcloud/)
- Github mirror has been starred by 266 users ( https://github.com/apache/libcloud)
Thanks again to everyone for their work and contributions and lets make 2013 even better :)
I will post those numbers in a more machine readable format (JSON) in the next couple of weeks. This way it will be easier for us to track those metrics on a year over year basis.
Numbers retrieved on: 2012-12-25. Sources for those numbers: JIRA, Libcloud website, PyPi, Ohloh.net, Google Analytics
Source: mailing list post.