Libcloud 0.14.0-beta3 released
We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.14.0-beta3, a first (beta) release in the 0.14.0 series.
The reason this is a beta and not a final release is that it includes some pretty big changes (most notably the “region” argument change). I would like those changes to get some more real-life testing before doing a final release.
Being a first release in the 0.14.0 series means it brings many (and I mean many!) new features, changes and improvements.
- To make working with providers which support multiple regions easier and more user-friendly, some of the drivers have moved away from the “one class per region” to a single class plus “region” argument model. Those drivers include: EC2, Rackspace, ElasticHosts, Joyent, CloudFiles.
- Addition of a programmatic way of updating the pricing file and ability to use a custom pricing file. For more information, please see the documentation
- Addition of block storage management methods to the following drivers: OpenNebula, OpenStack, EC2
- Unification of the extension arguments for handling security groups in the EC2 and OpenStack driver
- Many new features and improvements in the CloudStack driver
- New compute and loadbalancer driver for Google Compute Engine (GCE)
- Ability to export Libcloud’s DNS zone to BIND zone format
- and much more!
Some of the changes noted above are also backward incompatible. For more information on what has changed and how to update your code to work with a new release, please visit the Upgrade Notes section in our documentation.
Other non-code changes worth a mention
- Tests now also run on travis-ci - https://travis-ci.org/apache/libcloud
- New documentation is now also available on RTD - https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
Full change log can be found here.
Libcloud 0.14.0-beta3 can be downloaded from http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
It is possible that the file hasn’t been synced to all the mirrors yet. If this is the case, please use the main Apache mirror - http://www.apache.org/dist/libcloud.
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade_notes.html#libcloud-0-14-0 .
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/.
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don’t forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible!
Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file.
Source: release announcement.