Libcloud 0.14.0 released
We are pleased to announce a long awaited Libcloud 0.14.0 release.
This is a first release in the 0.14 series which means it brings many (and I mean many!) new features, changes and improvements.
- To make working with providers which support multiple regions easier and more user-friendly, some of the drivers have moved away from the “one class per region” to a single class plus “region” argument model. Those drivers include: EC2, Rackspace, ElasticHosts, Joyent, CloudFiles.
- Addition of a programmatic way of updating the pricing file and ability to use a custom pricing file. For more information, please see https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/compute/pricing.html#using-a-custom-pricing-file
- Addition of block storage management methods to the following drivers: OpenNebula, OpenStack, EC2
- Unification of the extension arguments for handling security groups in the EC2 and OpenStack driver
- New standard compute API for SSH key-pair management
- Many new features and improvements in the CloudStack driver
- New compute and load balancer driver for Google Compute Engine (GCE)
- Ability to export Libcloud’s DNS zone to BIND zone format
- and much more!
Full change log can be found here and here (keep in mind that this release also includes all the changes from 0.14.0-beta3).
Note about backward compatibility
Some of the changes noted above are backward incompatible. For more information on what has changed and how to update your code to work with a new release, please visit the Upgrade Notes page.
Libcloud 0.14.0 can be downloaded from https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
or installed using pip:
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/.
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don’t forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible!
Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the Changelog.