Libcloud 0.14.0 released
We are pleased to announce a long awaited Libcloud 0.14.0 release.
This is a first release in the 0.14 series which means it brings many (and I mean many!) new features, changes and improvements.
- To make working with providers which support multiple regions easier and more user-friendly, some of the drivers have moved away from the “one class per region” to a single class plus “region” argument model. Those drivers include: EC2, Rackspace, ElasticHosts, Joyent, CloudFiles.
- Addition of a programmatic way of updating the pricing file and ability to use a custom pricing file. For more information, please see https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/compute/pricing.html#using-a-custom-pricing-file
- Addition of block storage management methods to the following drivers: OpenNebula, OpenStack, EC2
- Unification of the extension arguments for handling security groups in the EC2 and OpenStack driver
- New standard compute API for SSH key-pair management
- Many new features and improvements in the CloudStack driver
- New compute and load balancer driver for Google Compute Engine (GCE)
- Ability to export Libcloud’s DNS zone to BIND zone format
- and much more!
Note about backward compatibility
Some of the changes noted above are backward incompatible. For more information on what has changed and how to update your code to work with a new release, please visit the Upgrade Notes page.
Libcloud 0.14.0 can be downloaded from https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html
or installed using pip:
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/.
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don’t forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible!
Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the Changelog.