Libcloud 0.18.0 released
We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.18.0.
This is a first release in the 0.18 series which means it brings many new features, improvements and bug-fixes.
- New compute driver for Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines service
- New compute driver for RunAbove compute service
- New compute driver for Cloudwatt compute service
- New compute driver for Packet.net
- New compute driver for OnApp Cloud service
- New compute driver for Dimension Data compute service
- New storage driver for AuroraObjects service
- New load balancer driver for Softlayer loadbalancing service
- New DNS driver for DigitalOcean DNS service
- Support for DigitalOcean API v2 which is not used by default.
- Support for AWS Signature version 4 and new AWS Frankfurt, Germany region
- Support for retrying failed HTTP requests (disabled by default, to enable it,
LIBCLOUD_RETRY_FAILED_HTTP_REQUESTSenvironment variable to True)
- Many improvements in the HostVirtual compute driver
- and much more!
Full change log can be found at here.
The release can can be downloaded from https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud==0.18.0
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud==0.18.0
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade_notes.html
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/v0.18.0/
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don’t forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file.