Libcloud 0.20.0 released
We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.20.0.
This is a first release in the 0.20 series which means it brings many new features, improvements, bug-fixes, and DNS drivers.
- New DNS driver for GoDaddy
- New DNS driver for CloudFlare DNS
- Many more improvements and API v2.1 support for the Dimension Data compute driver
- Support for adding and configuring PTR (reverse DNS) record in RackSpace DNS driver
- Support for preemptable instances in Google Compute driver
- Add new eu-west-2 & us-east-2 regions to the OUTSCALEINC & OUTSCALESAS drivers
- Added C4, M4 instance types in Amazon EC2 driver
- Add support for multiple regions in Aurora compute driver
- GoogleStorageDriver can now use either our S3 authentication or other Google Cloud Platform OAuth2 authentication methods.
- Removed DreamHosts Compute Driver, DreamHosts users will now use the OpenStack Node driver since DreamHosts are OpenStack API compliant
- and much more!
Full change log can be found at here.
The release can can be downloaded from https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud==0.20.0
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud==0.20.0
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade_notes.html
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file.