Libcloud 1.2.1 released
We are pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 1.2.1.
This release brings many new features, improvements, bug-fixes, and drivers.
Changes in Apache Libcloud 1.2.1
- Fix issue enabling backups on Dimension Data driver
Changes in Apache Libcloud 1.2.0
- Fix caching of auth tokens in the Google Compute Engine drivers. Now we make sure that the file is truncated before writing a new token. Not truncating the file would cause issues if the new token is shorted then the existing one which is cached in the file.
- Fix image undeprecation in GCE
- Added Managed Instance Groups in GCE
- Allow undeprecation of an image in GCE
- BUGFIX Values with wildcards failed signature validation in cloudstack
- Added StorageState-Migrating to the cloudstack driver.
- Update copy image logic to match create image in GCE driver.
- Removed HD attribute from the Abiquo compute driver to support the 3.4 API
- Add image and size details to
list_nodesresponse in Dimension Data driver
- Add support for changing VM admin password in VMware driver
- Add Barcelona (Spain) region to the Aurora Compute driver.
- Various improvements in the libvirt driver.
- Add support for temporary IAM role credentials (token) to the AWS ELB driver.
- Updated the 'extra' parameter in
update_record()to be optional in aurora driver
- Support for iterating over records and zones in the Aurora DNS driver
- Add support for DS, PTR, SSFHFP and TLSA record type to the Aurora DNS driver.
- Add network mode and labels when creating containers within docker driver
- Fix authentication issue in S3/China region, disabled multipart uploads as not supported by region.
Full change log can be found at here.
Special thank you
I would like to wish a special thank you to all of our community contributors for their ongoing support to the project.
The release can can be downloaded from https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud==1.2.1
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud==1.2.1
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade_notes.html
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file.