Libcloud team is pleased to announce the release of Libcloud 0.6.1!
This release represents a big milestone for us and includes many improvements and new drivers, but the most important thing is a brand new DNS API.
DNS API allows users to manage DNS service provided by many different providers. This release includes a driver for Linode DNS ( http://www.linode.com/features.cfm), Zerigo DNS (http://www.zerigo.com/) and Rackspace Cloud DNS ( http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/cloudhostingproducts/dns/). In the future we also plan to expand it (hopefully with your help) and add new drivers for providers such as Amazon and others.
Other notable changes, bug-fixes and improvements:
- New documentation which is available at http://libcloud.apache.org/docs/
- SSL certificate validation is now enabled by default. If no CA certificate files are found on startup, an exception is thrown.
- New driver for Ninefold.com (also a first driver for public Australian cloud provider in Libcloud)
- Support for OpenStack 1.1 API and many other improvements in the OpenStack driver
- Linode driver now support a new Japan location
- Support for deployment using an SSH key
- Amazon EC2 driver now supports deploy functionality using an SSH key
- New driver for Google storage (http://code.google.com/apis/storage/)
- New driver for Ninefold.com storage (http://ninefold.com/cloud-storage/)
- New driver for ninefold.com ( https://ninefold.com/support/display/SPT/Load+Balancing)
- Rackspace driver now also supports UK location
Any many other improvements and bug fixes!
For a full list of changes, please see the CHANGES file https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/trunk/CHANGES?revision=1198753&view=markup
Libcloud 0.6.1 can be downloaded from http://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install apache-libcloud
It is possible that the file hasn't been synced to all the mirrors yet. If this is the case, please use the main Apache mirror - http://www.apache.org/dist/libcloud
If you have installed Libcloud using pip you can also use it to upgrade it:
pip install --upgrade apache-libcloud
A page which describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/upgrade-notes-0-6.html.
API documentation can be found at http://libcloud.apache.org/apidocs/0.6.1/.
Bugs / Issues
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD. Don't forget to attach an example and / or test which reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! Full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/trunk/CHANGES?revision=1198753&view=markup.
Source: release announcement.