We are happy to announce Libcloud v3.8.0.
This release includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- Performance improvements in the storage drivers
- Removal of 18 drivers for providers that are no longer active (they went out of business, have been acquired, or similar).
A list of all the changes can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.io/en/latest/changelog.html#changes-in-apache-libcloud-3.8.0.
Development-Related Changes (developers only)
In addition to the end-user visible changes, we have made various changes to our development process and practices to better follow and align with modern Python development and packaging best practices.
- Tooling (pylint, mypy, bandit, isort, black, etc.) config options have been migrated into pyproject.yaml file.
- Package setup and build-related metadata have been migrated from setup.py and setup.cfg to pyproject.toml.
- The unsafe “setup.py test” wrapper command has been removed in favor of invoking pytest directly.
- The “build” PyPi package is now used for creating release artifacts (sdist, wheel) in an isolated virtual environment.
The release can be downloaded from https://libcloud.apache.org/downloads.html or installed using pip:
pip install "apache-libcloud==3.8.0"
If you have installed Libcloud using pip, you can also use it to upgrade:
pip install --upgrade "apache-libcloud==3.8.0"
A page that describes backward incompatible or semi-incompatible changes and how to preserve the old behavior when this is possible can be found at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/latest/upgrade_notes.html
Regular and API documentation is available at https://libcloud.readthedocs.org/en/v3.8.0/
If you find any bug or issue, please report it on our issue tracker https://github.com/apache/libcloud/issues.
Don’t forget to attach an example and/or test that reproduces your problem.
Thanks to everyone who contributed and made this release possible! The full list of people who contributed to this release can be found in the CHANGES file.
Special thanks to Anthony Monthe - @ZuluPro for contributing driver removal / clean up change.