Google Summer of Code 2014
Google Summer of Code is a program where Google sponsors students from around the world to spend their summer working on open-source projects. Student is paid 5500$ if they successfully complete all of their evaluations. More information about the program can be found on the project website.
Some of the existing project ideas proposed by Libcloud developers can be found on our ticket tracker. Students are also more than welcome to propose their own ideas.
- Tomaz Muraus (tomaz) - UTC +1
Application template can be found in the section bellow. Before submitting your application please start a discussion about the project idea on our mailing list (email@example.com).
Student Application Template
- Name and surname
- E-mail address
- Blog / homepage (if you have one)
- IRC nick and network
- Google+ handle / Skype handle
- Name of school/ university, country, year, your average grade (and describe what this grade means)
- Which languages do you actively speak (and write)?
- Project / proposal title
- Project / proposal description
- Project / proposal schedule. How long will the project take? When can you begin work?
- Availability. How many hours per week can you spend working on this? What other obligations do you have this summer?
- Deliverables. It is very important to list quantifiable results here, for example:
- Improve X modules in ways Y and Z.
- Write 3 new documentation pages for the new interfaces.
- Improve test coverage by writing X more unit/regression tests.
- Improve performance in FOO by X%.
- How do you plan to continue with your project / proposal and within the Apache Libcloud community after GSoC?
- Benefits to the Free Software Community, who would gain from your project?
- Biography and Free Software experiences. Who are you? What makes you the best person to work on this project/proposal? What free and/or open source projects have you participated in? Please describe your contributions with references.