2013 in retrospect and a Happy New Year from the Libcloud team
Dear Libcloud users, developers and team members,
2013 is slowly coming to an end, and we would like to wish everyone a happy and successful new year!
Now it's also the time to look back at the things which have been accomplished, important events which have happened and some statistics for 2013.
Important Events and Milestones
- Two new committers have joined our team - John Carr, Brian Curtin
- In June we held a Libcloud Design Day at the Rackspace San Francisco office. See Libcloud Design Day Recap blog post for a recap.
- We have finally migrated from SVN to Git.
- We have started to work on new and improved documentation which is now available on ReadTheDocs.
- In addition to the Apache Buildbot instance, our tests now also run on Travis CI.
- Key pair management methods have been promoted to be part of the base compute API. See Libcloud update - Key pair management methods are now part of the base API blog post for more information.
- 197 new JIRA issues have been opened (total of 472). Out of those 197 issues, 138 are now marked as 'resolved'.
- Github mirror stars: 331 (+65 YTD)
- Twitter followers: 449 (+149 YTD)
- Google+ page +1's: 1591
- We had a total of 5 releases (0.12.1, 0.12.3, 0.12.4, 0.13.0, 0.13.1, 0.13.2, 0.14.0-beta3)
- Combination of SVN and Git repository has had a total of 963 commits.
Numbers listed above have been retrieved on 26th of December, 2013 from the sources listed bellow:
- Libcloud website - http://libcloud.apache.org/
- Twitter account - https://twitter.com/libcloud
- Google+ page - Apache Libcloud
- Github mirror - https://github.com/apache/libcloud
- JIRA - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIBCLOUD
- PyPi - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-libcloud/
- Ohloh - https://www.ohloh.net/p/libcloud/
Those numbers and numbers for the past years are also available in a semi machine readable format in a Google Spreadsheet.
Old retrospect blog posts
- 2012 in retrospect and a Happy New Year from the Libcloud team
- 2011 in retrospect and a Happy New Year from the Libcloud team
Thanks again to everyone for their contributions and lets make 2014 even better and more successful :)